Sunday, August 5, 2007

25

I turned 25 on Saturday and I want to thank everyone that came out to celebrate it.

At dinner I looked around as I was surrounded by people who are great and mean a lot to me and thought I am blessed.

Even though those people pooped out and didn't want to go dancing with me after dinner I still love all of you!!!

I am happy I turned 25 at my present life state in Colorado, because the life style of people out here is chill and laid back. The fact that I am 25 and not married and single is completely fine, in fact almost better.

So here is to being 25, still can't believe I am that old!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I helped out in children's nursery at church today for the first time at my church here. It was great!!!

There was this little girl who was so shy and kept on pulling up her dress to show me her underwear :o)

Not on purpose of course, but she was so precious. I got her to smile and even talk to me. I have missed being around little kids and can't wait to go home in a week and be by my nieces and nephew. My nephew told me yesterday that he has made a calendar of how many days til I come home and then he asked "so what are you doing for our birthday?" I mean like he is a man instead of a little kid. He is too smart for his own briches and I can't wait to see his precious face at the airport.

One more week, and this week is going to be the week from hell at work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie this is your sister speaking. I was reading part of this post where you were saying that it's ok that you're 25 and not married because you live in Colorado. I just wanted to say it's ok that you're 25 and not married regardless of where you live. You are an amazing person who is confident and beautiful. You went to college and have a career that is related to your field. You have made a life for yourself in Colorado away from family and you're happy which is more than I could do. You are probably the most independent person I know, so hearing those words from you is kind of a shocker. I know it's fun to have a special man to laugh with but it's not special if it's not the right man. Apparently God is still molding a man for you. Someone special and perfect and he knew it would take time but he also knew it would be ok because of the woman that you are. The woman who doesn't need a man to know she's beautiful or to know she's loved which you are! You are very complete all on your own. You will only ever feel like you are not whole when you have met that man that you know you love. When you find this person, that is when you feel incomplete and you will need him to be your other half. Until this man is ready for you I wanted to tell you how great you are. It doesn't matter that you're 25. You won't settle and that's wonderful. Enjoy who you are and the fact that you have the strength to feel happy being independent. I love you Katie and I am so glad that I have such and amazing sister to look up to. Love your sister:)