Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Joy in My Heart


I got a new job today officially! I will be the new Family Support Advocate at Safe Passage check out here. I could not be MORE excited.
I will be doing the forensic interviewing with the children.
Some people have asked me why I want to do this position and work with kids who have been sexually abused because it is a challenging position.

But I love children, I can build a rapport with them and would much rather them tell me their scary and heart breaking stories and still feel safe, then tell a cop who treats them like anyone else that they are interviewing.

I can't wait to be trained and work with people who respect me and do the thing I love which is helping people and interacting hands on in the midst of trials! I can't wait to not work with egotistical, insecure, over compensating men who treat me like I am their eye candy and their secretary.

The agency has only five employees and they are all women who are social workers! Wahoo! You can call me a bleeding liberal, but I am not. I was raised with morals and values and I can't wait to once again to flap my wings that have been pinned down for over a year now.

So today I praise the Lord for picking me up out of my valley. He is good even when you feel as though He has forgotten about you. It has been a long year in this position, but the light is here and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for your support and your prayers.

love katie

No comments: