Thursday, August 7, 2008

Random.

So I haven't blogged in awhile, mostly because my life is crazy. But tonight I have a couple spare moments and I thought I would share just a random assortment of ideas with you.

So here I go>>>

1. These are the cute shoes I got with the money my mom sent me for my birthday!!
cute huh? thanks mom!

2. This is a sign I have on my desk above my bible reminding me to be a little girl and giggle

3. With being true to the "green" state as they like to call it, it was about time I stopped being wasteful and bought these nifty bags to take to the grocery store instead of using the plastic ones that don't decompose and are as bad as plastic water bottles. After all I do live in Colorado :o) So today I used these bags to put my groceries in>>>


4. After putting away my groceries in my fridge I found a pickle ice cube, bet you've never found one of those or even seen one, well here you go!!

5. These pickles were completely frozen, but I will still eat them :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also tonight my sis is getting ready to have her baby. She will get induced tomorrow. I got a sweet text from her today wishing I was there with her and that I was comforting and calming. Man it was so sweet to hear those words, but hurt so much at the same time.

This is why it is hard living away from family. It breaks my heart not to be able to be there with her in the hospital, holding her hand telling her she can do it and holding my new baby niece. I even looked up plane tickets today just to see if I could surprise them but they were going to be like $1000 and let me tell you this sista doesn't have that kind of cash.

I wish my family would move out here, I mean come on folks Michigan where you have five months of winter and no sun.....or Colorado where we have more sunny days than any other state? your choice :o)

Tonight I am loving Colorado but missing my family in Michigan desperately. Why can't they just merge together. :o(

3 comments:

Mike V said...

I completely agree about family moving to Colorado. I think the midwest is great and all, but Colorado is so amazing...or at least we could just get rid of Nebraska and Kansas and smoosh the US a little bit, and at least take 6ish hours off the drive!

katie said...

ha ha, yes mike I wish we could smoosh the US a little bit together. Or that family would just move here I mean come on it's not like we have a lot of family or anything ;o)

Unknown said...

Love Co, but love MI more. We talked about you and how this must be hard, but you will be here in no time and you will be able to hold a couple wek old baby more, b/c mommy will let you. She did give her up for about 3 minutes to Robin and I and then Dad pried her out of her fingers as well. But by the time you get here she will be ready to let you hold her for longer than 3 minutes at a time. Look forward to seeing you soon.
Ben