So I got on a plane yesterday and came to the twin cities in good ole MN.
As I was looking out the window watching my rockies disappear I thought to myself why am I leaving here?
So I can become a forensic interviewer, duh?
I can say that I have never gotten off a plane where someone was not there to greet me or give me a ride to wherever I was going. This was a whole new experience for little ole me.
So I get off the plane, get my luggage and muster up all the boldness I can find within my 5'4" body of mine and head down the escalator to taxis. I get down only to have to go back up another escalator and thought this is stupid, why did I come down just to go back up.
So I walk out the door and decide who looks nicer and am about to go there where a nice woman asked, "ma'am, do you need a taxi?"...... me, "yes" her, "lane #3"
So I walk over the nice man puts my luggage in the trunk and I tell him I need to go here and we go. That's it. We are off and it was SO easy! Now if you know me, you know I am not a big fan of driving. I would much rather be the passenger where I can look at my surroundings. I recently went to Ouray with friends and they were teasing me because all I kept saying was, "that is so pretty, or this is gorgeous."
True. I love being outside and just looking around, I have always been that way. So it was much to my enjoyment that I could just sit in the back, look out the window, breeze in my face and take in my new surroundings.
I felt like Miss Daisy :o)
So I get settled in (in a sweet hotel to boot, by the way) and thought I would take a walk cause I like exploring and I need to feed my belly. Let me first describe my hotel area. I am in a very nice hotel but it seems to be in an odd spot. This area of town seems run down and the city is attempting gentrification, i think? Across the parking lot is a warehouse which seems to be remodeled into condos maybe, and then there is a global market in the first floor.
I walk down one street, turn and the street gets darker and darker and shadier and shadier and I think hmmm katie, maybe tonight is not the best night to venture out by yourself....
So katie turns around, but still no food. The only place that was open, where I felt safe was KFC across the street from my hotel. So KFC it was. I filled my belly with good ole Kernel Sanders' biscuits.
However this was an interesting experience for me because I felt like the minority here, it switches the tables up and that is always good. Scary but good.
More to come about my food dining experience of tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Katie,
Your little story made me smile. It brought me back to my traveling days. I always felt like a "big girl" too. In fact, I think it helps you realize that you really can do anything! Even things that seem out of your comfort zone at first. I loved the independence, adventure, exploration - and I think it builds confidence. Anyway, thanks - this post took me back to some fun memories.
Have a safe trip!
Love, R
wait where are you and what are you doing? A forensic what? This is the first I've heard about any of this. I need more info. Can't wait to see you!
Jessie
Post a Comment