Thursday, July 2, 2009

fun

Do you know what was fun?
Last night.
I spent the night driving around Manitou with a great friend.
Erin is leaving for Russia today for a mission trip.
However, we were driving around all the streets, that are dictated by the mountains and looking at all the quaint houses.
We stopped in at a local shop because erin knew the owner who made her own chocolates, this sweet tiny woman, named Kim.
Kim gave me a hug as soon as I met her (I like people like that, cause I am a hugger;)
and she just chatted about the shop, showed us her hand made creations
and then bought us ice cream!
It was josh and john's ice cream, only in manitou!
She said it was in celebration of erin going to Russia, but she just blessed us by her prescence.
She was so fun and then sent erin out with a blessing for russia.
Last night was fun, just to be out around people on a summer night in a quaint, mysterious town like Manitou.
Then I got home and decided to journal in my black yard and so I lit the tiki torches and it was just a splendid night.
I love summer.

No comments: