Monday, July 9, 2007

this is me on top of a mountain. I thought you all would enjoy seeing my pretty face on top of this mountain. I really don't have much to say today. But I thought I would just say hi. :)

Although I guess I do have something to say . The Lord has been trying to teach me patience in not just one area of my life but a lot. The problem with this is I am not a patient person and this simple task is really stretching me. The Lord is saying trust in me and I will provide for your and give you all your hearts' desires but my flesh is saying but i don't think that you can provide for me. I don't think the Lord will give you what you want. You don't have to wait, you deserve what you want right now.

I have been in the habit lately of filling this void in my life with superficial and quick fixes. But that is just the problem they fill you for a second but the instant you are quiet and alone your emptiness screams at you again. This weekend I was in a conversation with a couple of people whom I love dearly and at the end of the night I was overcome with dread and disappointment of their anger towards one another and just how discontent they are, but they are holding onto their relationship even though they aren't right for each other. They are holding on because it is easier then letting go.

How many times do I do this in my own life? How onto something because it is easier then letting go of it. I feel like this is what I do to God a lot..say you can have this or you can't have this because I cannot imagine going through the pain of losing it even though I know I should not being holding onto it.

So I am learning to truly trust in God. I am not anywhere near where I could or ought to be, but hey guess what I am human and I doubt it is part of the whole human nature thing. So I am trying to be patient and not take things back after I have just placed them in God's hands. It is hard I am telling ya...real hard.

this picture is of some of my precious friends. i love them. they are pretty sweet!

No comments: