I don't think I was ever aware of Earth day when I lived in Michigan except when I was in elementary school perhaps. However now that I live in Colorado I am very aware that it is Earth day today.
It was interesting as I was driving up to Ft. Collins this weekend for an Aaron Strumpel concert, some friends and I were discussing the fact that
Cathy, my friend said she walked into JCPenney and there were a plethora of t-shirts with slogans across them about saving the Earth and going green and how it is cool. For those of you who don't know going green means this.going green has become trendy.
For instance the recent commercials which put two individuals who could not be more different in world veiws on the same couch and they make a socially acceptable comment about how they don't agree on much, but they do agree that we do need to do something about saving our world. Then they look at each other, smile, and laugh jovially.
Now I agree we do need to save our planet and I am glad quit frankly, that going green is becoming trendy. I have been trying to go green too, and buy organic meats and what not.
It was just interesting to me how really if the fashion industry and MTV want they can make us to think something is cool...it can be done.
Happy Earth Day. Plant a tree or do this.

No comments:
Post a Comment