Sunday, September 14, 2008

my heart

This girl you see below is one of my favorite people in the whole wide world.

Our friendship started when she was just a baby in 8th grade and I was her young life leader.

It has grown into her being one of my closest friends. Everytime I come home to MI, her and I always spend time together. Usually our time is spent getting coffee at Beaners, talking, or driving in the infamous yellow mustang singing out lungs out to some really great song we are venture off to another memory. Probably to the beach or to the great park that overlooks downtown.
We have even seen camels with sagging humps on their backs cause they are sad...
quite a sight I must say. ;o)

For my birthday this year, I was blessed with her creating this painting below, for me.

Jeremiah 17;7-8 is painted on the limbs of the tree

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord.

He is like a tree planted by water,

that sends out its roots by the stream,

and does not fear when heat comes,

for its leaves remain green,

and is not anxious in the year of drought,

for it does not cease to bear fruit."

Which I love that she chose that verse for me.

It has been a gift to know Jess, and watch her as a girl who was so full of life and light and know her in a time where she was learning and growing and now seeing her analyze life and become the fabulous woman that she is.

We have shared some amazingly fun silly times together where you are laughing so hard that you almost pee your pants. To also times where we are both crying from the hard circumstances that life dishes out.

She is a jewel, and I love her.

No comments: