Friday, September 5, 2008

Pics of joy

Wanna see pics from my trip???





Click here or here for pics of my new precious neice Aubrey Joy
Sidenote: Friends and I were discussing last night how facebook has permeated our society. How we find out things from facebook as opposed to talking to that person. How we tend to "spy" virtually on people through the web or how relationship statuses on facebook define us instead of the actual relationships we are in.
Now, don't get me wrong I am as obsessed with facebook as much as the next person, I just wish that it would not be used as a substitute for face to face interaction.
Still something so cherished about sitting across the table from someone, with a warm cup of joe in your hands and just listening to them share their joys, sorrows, and their heart.
Just looking into their eyes and sharing life.

1 comment:

simplicity said...

I couldn't agree with you more about facebook. I am planning on blogging about that in the near future. Facebook is very crazy to me. And it is fun to reconnect etc, but sometimes I find myself having to ask myself, why? Is it because I'm nosy? Or is it because I genuinely want to reconnect? Also, I have a hard time believing I have 200 some internet friends...I certainly don't ahve that many real life friends. :)