Monday, March 2, 2009

Adult??? or Carpenter

So this weekend I set out on another adult quest... staining furniture.

The particular piece of furniture was a book case that an old boyfriend made for me.

It was used in an old college house to put my clothes in, cause I admit this sista has way too many clothes to fit in one closet, let alone a small one.

The bookcase was quickly made and therefore did not get stained or polyurethaned.

So I bought both and decided with my recent move that now was the time to do it. I put grubby clothes on Saturday and set a tarp out and started staining away.

I even got down on my back to be able to stain the bottom shelf, and it really turned out great. So on Sunday I open my garage door to see my work and was almost shocked at what a difference just a coat of stain can do. It brought out these amazing colors of the wood.

So I started in on applying a coat of polyurethane. Once again I sat down on putting forth my best effort in applying my most talented work of painting or polyurethaning ( I don't think that's a word, but just go with it :o)

So I am sitting there intently starring at the book case and leaning over trying to get this one crevice and I don't know if it was because of me admiring my great handiwork or what but I drooled! I started laughing at myself and thought that'll humble ya:o)

So either I am a very talented carpenter to the point of causing myself to drool from incredible skills or I am just a drooler ;o)

pics to come of the book shelf.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm going with just a drooler! Although I do feel ya, stained wood looks great.