Monday, February 22, 2010

School all weekend

So after spending all weekend in class it leaves Monday mornings difficult to get out of bed and hop up to go to work.

I am currently taking 2 classes for grad school for my MSW. However there is one of of them that makes me want to pluck my eyes out.

RESEARCH/STATISTICS

I went into social work, because I am a people person. I am good at helping people. I love sitting and talking with them.

NOT because I love math, or computations, or SPSS, or anything having to do with numbers.
However unfortunately, grad school requires you to be able to learn how to do your own research
then compute that data into a codebook so therefore you can run tests and see if your research is
statistically significant or not. I spent my weekend learning how to run different tests and analyze
that data.

I spend every moment in class concentrating so hard (because I am so sure I am getting something wrong) that by the time I am done I have the worst headache. But this weekend I thought ok ok I think I am finally starting to understand a little bit of this.

End of story: social workers don't do math :)

But I will do what is expected of me in order to make it through grad school. Who knows maybe I will even surprise myself. I did however get an A on my first assignment in stats.

No comments: