Monday, April 5, 2010

My mama

It is her birthday today!!!!!
If you don't know my mom, let me fill you in on this woman.
She is a lover.
She is a nurturer. Meaning if there is a crying baby within 100 yards of her, they will stop crying because she has this innate ability to soothe/calm babies. Babies can sense her coming near and instantly stop crying :)
She is an incredible, steadfast woman of the Lord. Even in the most difficult life circumstance my mom continues to trust in her Lord. When I would have long given up. She remains steady and faithful.
She is positive. Even when you just want her to agree with you on something. She won't. Because for her she is determined to be optimistic.
She is a great mom. Takes care of you when you are sick. I wish I had her close to me when I am sick and just want my mom to take care of me.
She is a great cook. This woman loves to cook and does it with a happy heart. And let me tell you, she makes some incredible food.
She loves her family. Would sacrifice anything of her own volition to do something for her family if they needed her.
Giggles when she drinks wine. I get the giggles from her.
I am honored to have her at my mum. And hope someday to be half of the self sacrificing woman she is.
Love you to bits mamasita!

3 comments:

polavinfamily said...

that's really sweet, you should make sure she see this :) jessie

mom said...

Not crazy about this picture of me but love the thoughts :) Thank you for that. love you too!

polavinfamily said...

I think it's a great picture! We never seem to like those of ourself though....looks like maybe you both had the "giggles" hee, hee! GREAT post Katie!!