
So I have been convicted of the busyness and constant noise in my life, so as a result I am not listening to the radio while I drive in my car.
Which is hard for me, because I know I have officially become an adult when I want to listen to news radio. :) I usually drive into work and turn on the news and listen to whatever has happened in my world the night before. I like to know what is going on.
I am doing a bible study right now with a great gal friend of mine.
We are doing a lesson this week on beauty. Last night I was going through the lesson and one of the questions is what distracts you from noticing beauty in the world.
Noise.
So what I noticed on my drive to work today
1. a mom with her son at the bus stop who were both laughing
2. that pikes peak looks more majestic with snow on it and clouds nestled in around it
3. that snow looks pretty on my windshield
We'll see what else I notice today, probably a lot.
I have made a promise with myself to try and be more observatory this week, because as most people know I like to talk... a lot.
So we'll see how that goes.
Is anything distracting you?

1 comment:
stopped listening to radio in my car while I was on the road working, it's a pleasant way to travel. Now the only radio I listen to is Dora, bible songs and 101 childrens songs.
Also, what an active discipline listening, fully engaged listening is, don't you think?
Post a Comment