Well let's see. I am sorry to all of you who read my blog consistently. I have not had internet for what seems like forever. It has been a bit frustrating to say the least. It certainly is true that you don't realize how you take things for granted until you don't have them at your fingertips. I thought I would include this picture from awhile ago when i was hiking with friends. I showed them this particular spot, cause it is my favorite spot to journal. I climb up here and I am just in awe of God's creation. I mean just to hike up here and sit and be quiet is amazing.
I will post more pictures later but my computer is being as slow as a turtle and so when i try and do that I get so frustrated I want to throw my computer . . . and katie can't afford a new one so I am getting more RAM for christmas so she will run better.
Let's see what shall I update you on. . . I have decided I am going back to school officially. It is time for me to bite the bullet and just do it. I am very excited and somewhat not excited about the thought of going back to school. First of all there is no good program for your masters in social work here in the springs so i would have to travel up to Ft. Collins, but i think i am going to do it. I could get my masters in counseling because they have a program at UCCS but I just think social work is more my heart. Not that I don't want to counsel in the future cause I probably will do that, but social work is my passion. There is something about social work that focuses on the social injustice of our society. I miss being passionate about the social injustice in this world and challenging all those who allow injustice to happen in our world.
I recently had coffee with a friend from dale house (the group home I used to work at) and in talking to him I realized just how much I miss dale house. I miss waking up the girls in the morning and having that precious conversation that only happens over 6 am breakfast that you make them, i miss tucking my sweet shawna in at night and reading with her (even though she was 18 and I was 23 it didn't matter), and I miss just hanging out with kids and having tough conversations about their lives in which they would share the deep heartache and hurt and abuse they had gone through. I seriously would just sit and cry as I would listen to some of their stories. I miss loving on people.
So that is what I am doing going back to school so I can help people againg. So I can be full of passion and not hate going to work. I want to really face the oppression in this world and help people. God has given me a heart to love people. So there you go . . .
I will fill you in more on my life later, but I don't want to bore you with all the thoughts in my brain.
ta. ta.

1 comment:
I'm glad you got your internet back. It's so weird when you are used having it, to all of the sudden not. I love you and I love that you have decided to go back to school. It sucks going back, but it is also so worth it. Do what your heart desires! I love you.
Post a Comment