Saturday, December 15, 2007

my little guy

In a little more then a week I get to hop on a plane and travel back home and see one of my favorite people in the world. My nephew, Hunter. You see we have a special relationship, not just an aunt and nephew it is a lot more. I am excited to see him because he is one of the only people that gets so excited to see me when I first see him.

So here I sit with Christmas a little over a week away and it does not seem like Christmas to me. I guess because I am no longer a kid and I do not have a family of my own yet. But when I get to see this little guy and he runs up to me and hops up in my arms it will seem like Christmas or something special to me. He made a paper chain all on this own that counted down the days til I come home. He told me that when we were talking on the phone. Sometimes I forget how to act like a kid, I am too serious, or just do not act silly enough in my life. Hunter helps me remember how to be that silly little persons that is inside of me. And I can't wait.

1 comment:

polavinfamily said...

Hi Katie,

I showed Hunter this post and read it to him. He was beaming :D See ya soon! love Mom